Windows 2000 Command Line Testing of Oracle System DSN

From: <ST1138_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 Sep 2005 11:01:30 -0700

Hi,

I am currently configuring a server with over 200 "Oracle in OraHome92" System DSNs.

As you can imagine this is a long and loborious process so to alleviate that as far as possible I have created a dos batch file which uses the "odbcconf configsysdsn" command to create the DSNs.

However, I am unsure how to recreate the "test connection" facility which exists when manually performing the task through Windows Admin tools. There should in theory be a command line equivalent for almost every process in Windows - does anyone have any idea at all how to do this?

Thanks in advance...

ST. Received on Wed Sep 21 2005 - 13:01:30 CDT