Generating 9i schema deltas

From: Tarby777 <nick_williamson_at_mentorg.com>
Date: 20 Sep 2005 02:19:15 -0700

Hi all,

I have to generate a schema delta between two 9i databases, and I'd be interested in your opinions about which tools to use. I know that TOAD and TOYS have some functionality in this area but I only have the freeware versions so the functionality is either restricted or missing in both of them. Of course, there's Oracle's own Change Manager as well. I'm looking at it for the first time right now, so I'm just interested in finding out everyone's personal favourites for this job.

I'll settle for something that just generates a delta between schema x and schema y, but it would be great if there's a tool that's more intelligent than that. In the databases I'm comparing, many tables and indexes have been relocated to different tablespaces, new tablespaces have been created and nine schemas have been combined into one, and of course there are new tables, columns and indexes. If there's anything out there to help me manage that part of the upgrade, that would be great. Otherwise, I'll be writing a lot of SQL...

TIA
Nick Received on Tue Sep 20 2005 - 04:19:15 CDT