Re: Email Connectivity

From: <dekardsdesigns_at_btinternet.com>
Date: 18 Sep 2005 13:36:49 -0700

I have looked at HTML BD and it looks just the technology I would like to use, although it does look so user freindly I wonder how much control the developer has over the actual pages and unique designs and buiolding of them. I have seen enough positive material to give me the confidence to install and run this software and see where it leads my project.

I am a little unclear with your commments regarding.....

"You could discard POP3 all together as the user interface (mail reader)
protocol. Instead use HTTP (which is what Yahoo and others use). You can slap an web interface together in a few hours using HTMLDB that allows a person to enter an e-mail in Oracle (which is transmitted via a batch UTL_MAIL job). The same interface can allow the person to read his mail. Doing this in HTMLDB will be a piece of cake. "

could you elaborate how HTML BD reads or send emails from or through what technology? Received on Sun Sep 18 2005 - 15:36:49 CDT