Import from different systems

From: <tombeck1973_at_gmail.com>
Date: 16 Sep 2005 05:04:37 -0700

Hi

We need to import data from different database systems into an Oracle database. The other systems are: MS SQL, Firebird and MS Access. The data structure is not identical - in one source system, the data might be in a flat table, in the target system it needs to be distributed into several tables (1:n relationships, etc.) All this needs to happen regularly and automatically, e.g. every night.

I don't know Oracle or Firebird, but I've been asked to figure out a way how to do it. Does Oracle have tools for this kind of import? Or are there any other commercial tools that do this kind of data synchronisation / transformation between different database systems?

(The problem is: we have a commercial application based on an Oracle database. It needs user data & hardware data. We already have that data in different databases so we regularly need to import it.)

I'd appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction. Received on Fri Sep 16 2005 - 07:04:37 CDT