Re: deleting and rolling back in a sbmitted job

From: Ed Prochak <ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com>
Date: 15 Sep 2005 14:17:54 -0700

jwa6 wrote:
> HI
>
> I have a DBMS_JOB.SUBMIT that will run a proc to delete records. I ran
> the submit and all went well.
>
> It did delete all the records I wanted. I had the COMMIT statement
> blocked out in the proc that was to delet the records.
> I see now that the records I deleted cannot be rolled back. It this
> right? Ill assume Ill need to hardcode ROLLBACK in
> the delete proc to prevent this "commit". I hate reentering those test
> recs.
> If I roll back(hardcode) in the submitted proc...I cant query to
> see if they were actually deleted....because they will have been rolled
> back.......shoot
>
> jwa

but you are following good practices, using test data. Hopefully you have that data in a file to reload it easily after a test run. So I suggest you keep your COMMIT in the job.

Reentering them by had would be a pain. that's why you should put them in a file to reload (via sql*loader or other means).

   HTH.
  ed Received on Thu Sep 15 2005 - 16:17:54 CDT