Email Connectivity

From: <dekardsdesigns_at_btinternet.com>
Date: 12 Sep 2005 15:20:01 -0700

Newbie says ignorance is bliss....

I am currently researching for my dissertation (Northampton, England) and would like to ask anyone for advice concerning email connectivity. I intend to build a database that amongst other things will record incoming and outgoing email activity for a given user. Attachments need not be considered for this project.

I have looked at the collaboration suite, send mail and a few other commercial products, but I am unable to find what I am looking for. My proposed system is not concerned with the actual sending and receiving, I just need to use the data in the out going and incoming emails for database purposes, therefore I would be content with any program handling the emails so long as oracle can access the data including headers.

As a student I am limited in the systems I can use and afford.

I am currently building the prototype database in oracle 9i on a windows xp pro PC at home and a Windows 2000 pro PC at University. I have a spare PC that could have any software installed, but I have limited network capabilities, so I am hoping to find a technology that can demonstrate its functions on a single machine connected to the internet preferably with windows installed

Could anyone with experience, suggest a starting point, strategy and/or likely technologies to research?

Many thanks in advance Received on Mon Sep 12 2005 - 17:20:01 CDT