Re: tahiti.oracle.com redirect?

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 15:16:06 GMT

IANAL_VISTA wrote:

> Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net> wrote in
>

>>Today, whenever I try to navigate to
>>
>>http://tahiti.oracle.com
>>
>>I get redirected instead to:
>>
>>http://htmldb.oracle.com/pls/otn/f?p=4550:1:7275567375776076108

[...]
> Please Note: This machine will be unavailable from 3pm EDT, Friday, Sept. 9
> until 8am EDT, Monday, Sept. 12 for system maintenance.

If you look at the page (still down even now, well after 8 AM Monday EDT) the only reasonable conclusion is that the "machine" that is not available is somehow related to HTMLDB (the redirected site). The connection between HTMLDB and Tahiti is not intuitively obvious, especially to someone just starting with Oracle on-line resources.

Not at all user friendly -- what I'd expect is a simple page to let me know that yes, I have come to the tahiti site, and yes, it is down for scheduled maintenance. Now, I'm not going to ask for my money back ;-) but if anyone from Oracle is listening, I suggest that putting up a static info page during outages would prevent unnecessary confusion.

-Mark Bole Received on Mon Sep 12 2005 - 10:16:06 CDT