Re: tahiti.oracle.com redirect?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 16:59:42 -0700

HansF wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 20:17:54 +0000, Mark Bole interested us by writing:
>

>>Even if it's a transient problem, I don't recall that the name "tahiti"
>>has ever been officially endorsed by Oracle Corp. for its documentation
>>web site. So, what is the "correct" URL for Oracle RDBMS documentation?

> Tahiti has been the 'user friendly' alternate access for several years.
> IIRC, it was actually created as a proof of concept using Oracle8iR1
>
> However, around 2001 Oracle put out the word [internally] that the site to
> use was http://docs.oracle.com - which is the reason I have been so
> tedious in encouraging people to go to docs instead of tahiti.
>
> Corrections on the above appreciated. <g>

Correction invited ... correction provided.

The message plain to anyone that reads it is that Tahiti is undergoing maintenance and will be back up on the 12th.

The Tahiti search engine had a major upgrade this year and the person that runs the group creating the docs, a friend of mine, has never given me any reason to believe that Tahiti was not the preferred search engine for OTN technical docs: In fact just the opposite.

Contact me off-line and I'll put you in touch with him directly if you would like.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org