Re: probably simple - Pro*C, gcc, Solaris 2.8 and connect

From: Chris ( Val ) <chrisval_at_bigpond.com.au>
Date: 11 Sep 2005 15:53:48 -0700

spam.sink_at_volcanomail.com wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have two SUNs at home an Ultra 10 and a Blade 1000.
> I put 4Gb of RAM in the Blade installed oracle 9.2 on it
> and oracle client 9.2 on the U10.
>
> Now what I don't get is that I can sqlplus from the U10
> to the Blade and no problem. I can TNS ping it from the U10.
> And I swear that the definition in the tnsnames.ora
> looks perfect. I haven't tried toad but suspect it would work..
>
> I have written a small C application compiled with gcc the
> using the -m64 flag and I no matter what I try I can not
> get it to connect..
>
> In sqlplus I can do "sqlplus user_at_sid/password" but if
> I do:
>
> char *connstr = "user_at_sid/password";
> SQL EXEC
> CONNECT :connstr;
> END SQLEXEC
[snip]

That should be: user/password_at_sid

> I anaylse kernel crash dumps and hack around in driver code
> for a living and can't be seen reading groups like this at work..
> Please respond to my hotmail account...
>
> My user ID is regan_russell..

Sorry, but there are many people (like me) who like to learn from questions that others have asked, and most people in the usenet community believe that if you post here, then you should read here.

Cheers,
Chris Val Received on Sun Sep 11 2005 - 17:53:48 CDT