Re: Newbie Question

From: Delta <xxx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 12:19:55 +0100

Definitely I can't make it to work.

I get allways this error : ORA-12537 (TNS Connection closed)

When I start webtogo at I get this info :

H:\Ora9i\Mobile\Server\bin>webtogo
log1: Translated JDK:'Cp1252' to IANA: 'WINDOWS-1252' log1: desktop 1521

And hangs, doesn't go to the command prompt

What's wrong ? I don't understand nothing about Oracle Administration, I'm just a developer

my configuration is this :

My computer IP : 192.168.0.104
My computer name : desktop
Oracle Home : H:\Ora9i

#####################

TNSNAMES.ORA
#####################

WEBTOGO.WORLD =
  (DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =

        (ADDRESS =
          (COMMUNITY = tcp)
          (PROTOCOL = TCP)
          (Host = 192.168.0.104)
          (Port = 1521)
        )

    )
(CONNECT_DATA = (SID = WEBTOGO)

    )
  )
###########################

LISTENER.ORA
###########################

LISTENER =
  (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
(DESCRIPTION =

      (ADDRESS_LIST =
        (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = desktop)(PORT = 1521))
      )

    )
  )

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
  (SID_LIST =
(SID_DESC =

      (GLOBAL_DBNAME = webtogo.world)
      (ORACLE_HOME = H:\Ora9i)
      (SID_NAME = webtogo)

    )
  )
#######################

SQLNET.ORA
#######################

NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN = 192.168.0.104
USE_DEDICATED_SERVER = on
NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES, EZCONNECT)

#######################

WEBTOGO.ORA
#######################

[WEBTOGO]
USE_SYSTEM_CLASSPATH = YES
MODE = SERVER
PORT = 1521
#IAS_MODE=NO
ORACLE_HOME=H:\Ora9i
BASE_URL=/webtogo
ADMIN_TNS_NAME=WEBTOGO.WORLD
ADMIN_JDBC_URL=jdbc:oracle:oci8:@WEBTOGO.WORLD APPLET_USE_THIN_JDBC = YES
THIN_JDBC_URL=jdbc:oracle:thin:@::
SITE_OFFLINE_PERIOD=0
CUSTOM_WORKSPACE=no
CUSTOM_DIRECTORY=myworkspace
DEFAULT_PAGE=myfirstpage.html
ROWS_PER_PAGE_IN_ADMIN_TOOL = 25 [EXTERNAL_AUTHENTICATION]
#CLASS=com.acme.SampleAuthenticator

# Web-to-go workspace's font
#
FONT_NAME=Arial

[FILESYSTEM]
TYPE=OS
ROOT_DIR=H:\Ora9i\mobile\server\repository

#TYPE=O8
#TYPE=OL
#TYPE=OS

# Cache size in MBs

#
#CACHE_SIZE=10
MAX_CONNECTIONS=4 [DEBUG]
TRACE_ENABLE=Yes
#
# There are 3 trace levels: basic (1), sql (2), java method (4)
# The TRACE_LEVEL value will be used to do "Bitwise AND" against these
# 3 levels to decide if trace of any particular level should be printed.
# For example, 1 for only basic level, 7 for all levels, 3 for basic and sql
# but not java methods.

TRACE_LEVEL=1 # This is comma seperated list of valid user names. Empty string indicates # tracing all users, "TRACE_NO_USER" indicates tracing no user. TRACE_USERS= # The trace output can be FILE, CONSOLE, or REMOTE. TRACE_DESTINATION=CONSOLE
# Value to be used if trace destination is FILE.
# The base name for the trace file
#

TRACE_FILE_NAME=trace.log

# Maximum file size in MB
#
TRACE_FILE_SIZE=10 # Maximum number of trace file to be used. #
TRACE_FILE_POOL_SIZE=5 #
# Does every user have her own file pool? TRACE_FILE_PER_USER=No

# Value to be used if trace destination is REMOTE.
#
# Machine name and port where wsh.exe -m is running. Web-to-go
# will send debug output to that machine.
#
#TRACE_REMOTE_MACHINE=

TRACE_REMOTE_PORT=2000 [APPLICATIONS]
XMLFILE = ws1.xml
PACK_HELP=H:\Ora9i\mobile\doc\wtg\html\wtgdep.htm

[PUBLIC]
oracle.lite.sync.ConsolidatorServlet=/Consolidator

[CONSOLIDATOR]

#
# Installer will change these values
#

SERVER_VERSION=8.1.7
# 8.1.7
#
# Installer won't change these values
#

MAX_THREADS=3
JDBC_DRIVER=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver CREATE_USER_OPTIONS_O8I=PROFILE CONSOLIDATOR_CLIENT_P DEFAULT TABLESPACE USERS QUOTA UNLIMITED ON USERS TEMPORARY TABLESPACE INDX QUOTA UNLIMITED ON INDX
CREATE_USER_OPTIONS_O8=PROFILE CONSOLIDATOR_CLIENT_P DEFAULT TABLESPACE USR QUOTA UNLIMITED ON USR
TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMPORARY QUOTA UNLIMITED ON TEMPORARY TEMP=H:\Ora9i\mobile\server\bin
WTG_PROXY_PORT=80 TRACE_ENABLE=Yes
#
# There are 3 trace levels: basic (1), sql (2), java method (4)
# The TRACE_LEVEL value will be used to do "Bitwise AND" against these
# 3 levels to decide if trace of any particular level should be printed.
# For example, 1 for only basic level, 7 for all levels, 3 for basic and sql
# but not java methods.

TRACE_LEVEL=1 # This is comma seperated list of valid user names. Empty string indicates # tracing all users, "TRACE_NO_USER" indicates tracing no user. TRACE_USERS= # The trace output can be FILE, CONSOLE. Note REMOTE is not valid. TRACE_DESTINATION=CONSOLE
# Value to be used if trace destination is FILE.
# The base name for the trace file
#

TRACE_FILE_NAME=mgptrace.log

# Maximum file size in MB
#
TRACE_FILE_SIZE=10 # Maximum number of trace file to be used. #
TRACE_FILE_POOL_SIZE=5 #
# Does every user have her own file pool? TRACE_FILE_PER_USER=No Received on Sun Sep 11 2005 - 06:19:55 CDT