Looking for books on performance issues

From: AVC <AVC_at_invalid.invalid>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 20:15:21 +0200

Hello all,

Could anyone advise me on good books on performance issues?

I would like a book that can give me an overview of the v$ views and dba tables that can provide useful information when it comes to performance.

To give an example: when some Oracle processes (on the OS level) consume a lot of CPU time, I would like to know where to get the info on those processes, what sql they are executing, for how long, and hopefully some more pointers, that I haven't even thought of.

What I'm looking for is a book that offers some strategy how to tackle these issues, how to interprete statspack reports, and so on.

It is very well possible that Oracle has a pdf available on otn.oracle.com. I have already ordered Millsap's "Optimizing Oracle Performance", which an Oracle instructor recommended.

Any advise is welcome.

Thanks,
Adelheid Received on Sat Sep 10 2005 - 13:15:21 CDT