Oracle Security Questions

From: miloann2002 <shung_at_charter.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 08:32:46 -0700

I have the following questions in the Oracle 8 and 9 platforms:

  1. Does the roles need to set password? If no password, any negative impact?
  2. Can user data / objects be put in the system tablespace? Can this cause denial of services?
  3. Is it critical to set password life, password reuse, and other password settings? If we have robust operating system and application security, do we still need to configure the password settings in Oracle?

Thanks. Received on Fri Sep 09 2005 - 10:32:46 CDT