Re: Oracle 9ias

From: <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 8 Sep 2005 15:31:47 -0700

freedba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what is the product i had to download to install oracle IAS on AIX 5.2
>
> I would like to install just oracle IAS (8i, 9i and 10G)
>
> thank's

Question doesn't make sense. There are many configurations and many components. 10G is actually 9.0.4 or 10.1.2.

You need to look at the docs
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14099_10/index.htm , and check metalink for some updated info
http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/showdoc?db=NOT&id=4.1 .

You need to be really, really, extra, extra careful about what patches and what versions of what products you put on what versions of what databases, especially pre-10g. You need to plan and test. I would not use anything pre-10g unless there were some specific reason to. Curiosity is not specific enough.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"I would like to thank Samuel L. Jackson for his generous contribution