Re: running instantclient sqlplus without tnsnames.ora file?

From: Mark Harrison <mh_at_pixar.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 20:33:32 GMT

HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net> wrote:
> Amusingly the 4 installation steps are on the bottom of the download
> screen.

Sure, I've got it installed, built, and running with no problems save one. I followed those instructions which worked perfectly, so no need to be amused.

However, I'm having problems getting the exact syntax for specifing the connection string without also specifying the password on the command line which makes it visible to everyone running ps.

works:
  sqlplus scott/tiger@//oracle-rac-1:1521/racdb.pixar.com

does not work:
  sqlplus scott@//oracle-rac-1:1521/racdb.pixar.com     (produces usage message)