Re: Is it possible to filter or hook the Oracle SQL parser?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 13:55:12 -0700

Shangwu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to create a program in PL/SQL or C/C++ to interpret and modify all
> SQL statements coming to an Oracle server. Is it possible to hook such
> program to the SQL parser of Oracle?
> Any comment is appreciated.
>
> Shangwu

And the point of reinventing the wheel?

  1. Fine Grained Access Control ... DBMS_RLS built-in package
  2. Advanced Rewrite ... DBMS_ADVANCED_REWRITE built-in package

Alternatively you can pass in SQL statements as a CLOB, do whatever you wish with them inside a procedure, and then use the DBMS_SQL package to execute them.

But this really looks like nothing short of bad architecture.

Please also do not repost to c.d.o.tools and c.d.o.misc as this is off-topic and triple posting only gets people mad.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org