Re: Does such an animal exist?

From: Dave <solomons_dad.w.marks_and_whom_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 09:37:32 +0100

milkyway wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What I am looking for sample code that does the following:
>
> A query (created in C) that uses the following definition for a table:
>
> create table foo (
> SampleInt integer NOT NULL,
> SampleString char(15) NOT NULL,
> SampleChar char NOT NULL,
> SampleTime date NOT NULL);
>
> Then, in the C code have
>
> "Select * from table foo".
>
> Then for each row selected (in the C code) print out each variable
> seen.
>
> I have head that CDEMODSA.C helps with this a little but unfortunately,
> I don't have it on my system ;-(
>
> Does such a program exist? If not, then is there one that is close to
> it - something with SELECT statements only - no INSERTs, DELETEs or
> UPDATEs. Would it be possible to get a copy of CDMEODSA.C?
>
> Regards.

Depends what you mean by "variable." There aren't any variables present. Do you mean the values of the fields in the table, or the names and types of columns, or something else?

If you were to insert into the table values(1,'2','3','04-may-2005') and (6,'7','8','09-oct-2011'), then run the program, what output would you want?

Dave. Received on Wed Sep 07 2005 - 03:37:32 CDT