Re: Net*SQL connection string ?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 21:24:38 +0200

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 16:25:56 +0200, Alan Searle <aj_searle_at_xxxyahoo.com> wrote:

>I know that I am 'clutching at straws' so it would be really great if
>someone out there could give me a little example of a Net*SQL connection
>string.

Just read the Oracle documentation and use the net configuration assistant to set up tnsnames.ora for you. If you run it correctly you will get the following service name

rtfm =
(description=(address=(host=myhost)(protocol=tcp)(port=1521)(connect_data=(sid=(mysid)))

You then use rtfm as the connection string. Collating sequence is probably a PHP thingy.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA