Re: My View performance is very slow

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 07:45:35 -0700

siddu_htc_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> I found one thing the select is having an order by whcih is the culprit
> for the performace.
> Ex: select .... from msc_item_attributes_v where ..... order by
> item_name ,organization_code
>
> We get the order by columns values based on functions.
> Can anyone tell me how can i order the results without hanpering the
> performance.

You can't. And the function likely adds to the misery. There have been a number of articles by Tom Kyte (check http://asktom.oracle.com) on this issue.

Also ... how are you getting your explain plans? You should be using DBMS_XPLAN which does not seem to be the tool you are using.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org