Re: How to read table using Synonym

From: Chris ( Val ) <chrisval_at_bigpond.com.au>
Date: 1 Sep 2005 15:48:09 -0700

sunny076_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> Thank you for your reply. I want to get the metadata from the synonym.
> How can I do so? I was using the SQL syntax below to get Column name
> from Oracle Table.
> "select column_name, data_type, data_precision, data_scale
> from all_tab_columns"

Sunny,

There is a package: "dbms_metadata" that should do what you want:

SQL> desc dbms_metadata

Please try to be more clear about exactly what it is you're having difficulty with. Hans answered your original question, but it seems that it is not really what you wanted in the end?

Cheers,
Chris Val Received on Thu Sep 01 2005 - 17:48:09 CDT