Re: My View performance is very slow

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 1 Sep 2005 06:41:32 -0700

The most import consideration for tuning a join is knowing what columns are used in the join and filter conditions, if these columns are indexed, what the indexes look like, and the relative size of the tables.

You did not provide any of that information nor did you post the explain plan to show how Oracle is currently solving the query.

So without useful information to work with I am going to guess that your union all view should be rewritten as a three table join where table2 and table3 are outer joined to table1.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Sep 01 2005 - 08:41:32 CDT