Re: sum table

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:53:07 -0700

ohahaahr_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Unfortunately the result of my query must be "updated" at all times. So
> therefore a nightly refresh of the materialized view will not do.

And what does that have to do with materialized views? Materialized views can be as current as you wish. The question is where you want to take the pain ... in creating the MV (once) or in your queries (many times).

Read the concepts books at http://tahiti.oracle.com.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org