Re: license sets

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 23:49:03 +0200

On 31 Aug 2005 14:01:48 -0700, "Joel Garry" <joel-garry_at_home.com> wrote:

>Needless to say, customer won't do that and now it's to the lawyers. I
>don't much care who wins, as there is probably even more work for me if
>they decide to dump Oracle altogether, but I would rather just continue
>supported under Oracle (and would rather not continue unsupported under
>Oracle). So if anyone has any magic incantations to resolve this,
>please speak up!

I recall in a previous situation Corporate Headquarters (based in the US) bought a license for the US and a separate license for the EMEA office. However, this entitled the EMEA office to support in Redwood Shores, not in the Netherlands. Metaclick didn't exist at that time, and the time difference with Redwood Shores was 9 hours. It took us *two whole years* to resolve this issue. What finally did it, was a direct e-mail to Larry Ellison.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA