Re: What do Oracle professionals think of Fabian Pascal?

From: <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 30 Aug 2005 06:41:34 -0700

DA Morgan wrote:
> fabian pascal wrote:
> >>http://www.dbdebunk.com/page/page/2089650.htm shows that he still
> >
> > really thinks everyone is stupid and has a low opinion of the great
> > unwashed masses. I seemed to have got some small measure of fame from
> > upbraiding him about this 15 years ago on compuserve, when he was
> > abusing some poor soul because his damagement weren't caring about
> > whether database products had completely implemented the relational
> > model.
> >
> > Do you think I have any REASON to think that? Have I taken this
> > position WITHOUT ANY EVIDENCE? Or is my LOGIC in claiming that wrong?
> > If so, defend your position. Just claiming things without evidence and
> > ignoring the fact only proves my position.
>
> So, in other words, you feel fully justified with pointing an accusatory
> finger with one hand while committing the exact same sin with the other.
>
> That some people disagree with you does not mean that they have the
> opinions you attribute to them. Nor do I suspect anyone is impressed
> that you feel it appropriate to regurgitate the fact that you did
> something 15 years ago.

Actually, I was the one who made the 15 years ago statement. Fabian doesn't seem to know how to quote. I have trouble with google not formatting exactly how it appears it is going to during post composition, but at least it leaves some of my greater-than signs in the text so it can be figured out.

> You've definitely made a point. Likely, though, not the one you
> intended.

I just wish he would have directly answered my points, for good or ill.  And he didn't seem to read my entire post. His tool for dicing tomatoes appears to be a hammer.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20050830/news_1b30ponzi.html