Oracle on Solaris 9 Clustered

From: <adnan501_at_gmail.com>
Date: 29 Aug 2005 00:11:20 -0700

We had an issue on our E6900 Cluster(Solaris 9) where Oracle stopped and started the listener after about 6 minutes of trying to ping the database.
Opened a ticket with sun and they say we should increase the timeout from 60 to 180. Follwoing was the error message I got:

Fault monitor probe response time exceeded timeout(60 secs). The timeout for subsequent probes will be temporarily increased by 10%

At the time, I gathered some statistics from sar that was enabled on the system and it shows idle time to be zero, but it has been like that for a while and we are working on enabling another CPU/RAM board in the system.

Is there any feedback on this issue? I think 60 seconds is more than enough for oracle timeout value. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
-Adnan Received on Mon Aug 29 2005 - 02:11:20 CDT