Re: dbastudio for 10g?

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 14:50:23 GMT

Volker Hetzer wrote:

>>> Hi!
>>> On 9i i had this nice gui which I could start with "oemapp dbastudio"
>>> on Linux
>>> and it made it pretty easy for me to play with tablespaces, redologs
>>> and all that.

[...]
>> The Java console is still available on the 10g Client installation
>> disk, both Windows and Linux.

> So, how do I start it?

The same way you started it under 9i.

>> And of course you can run the 10g web-based database control for an
>> individual database without running a full EM server.

> How would I do that? Does thgis need special listener configuration?

No special listener configuration needed. The database control is an Oracle Application Server Containers for J2EE 10g (OC4J) application which is installed as part of the normal OUI process. It connects to the database just like any other client would.

It is started as follows from the command prompt (with correct ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID settings):

% $ORACLE_HOME/bin/emctl start dbconsole

Once started, you should be able to bring up the login screen by connecting to the following web page (where "yourhost" of course is the network name of your server):

http://yourhost:5500/em

-Mark Bole Received on Thu Aug 25 2005 - 09:50:23 CDT