Re: Help! 9i hosed!

From: none <tpcolson_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 Aug 2005 05:41:42 -0700

Here is some sql output:

SQL> select * from v$log;

    GROUP# THREAD# SEQUENCE# BYTES MEMBERS ARC STATUS ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---

FIRST_CHANGE# FIRST_TIM
------------- ---------
         1          1        254  104857600          1 NO  INVALIDATED
     32176128 18-AUG-05

         2          1        252  104857600          1 YES INACTIVE
     31619872 15-AUG-05

         3          1        253  104857600          1 YES INACTIVE
     31897856 17-AUG-05

SQL> Listener and the database are starting in services, the DB is mounting at least.....

http://www4.ncsu.edu/~tpcolson/alert_hydro.txt

as far as my backup strategy goes....I think I've got enough grief on that, lesson learned. Needless to say, I'm out of the DBA business, I shouldn't be doing this in the first place, not enough time to plan field work, teach class, walk the dog, and sleep.....This was never intended to be a production server, but it worked so well we somehow started relying on it.... Received on Thu Aug 25 2005 - 07:41:42 CDT