Re: ORA 12560

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 12:04:55 -0700

Nicolas Bronke wrote:
> I currently confused.
> My test database (9.2.0.1 on XP-PRO) stopped suddenly running with ORA12560.
> I tried to create a new database, but this did not help. Same error during
> the installation.
> What could be the reason? In the internet I read something like problems
> with listener.ora or because of the java client, but nothing, what seems to
> fit to my probklem.
> Any tips?
> Thanks Nicolas

Likely your attempt at a solution destroyed what you had.

If you don't need what you have, or have a good backup, my inclination would be to clean up the machine and reinstall.

If you do ned to save it then provide us with the complete error message stack ... not your interpretation of it ... including all text.

And after you get it going upgrade to 9.2.0.6+ and start performing regular backups.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org