Program size is 12MB after linking the Oracle Pro*C libraries

From: Poh Tien Lye <pohtl_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 23:16:46 +0800

Hi,

I am currently working on a program on AIX. Before, I include the Pro*C libraries, the size of my program is only about 100KB. However, after I include database access codes, the program grew to 12MB. My program only connects to the database and updates a table.

Is there some problem with my compiler and linker? Or are the Oracle libraries so big? Or could I have included unnecessary libraries? Anyone know why? Received on Wed Aug 24 2005 - 10:16:46 CDT