Re: Oracle views and MS Query

From: its not me <it.is_at_not.me.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:22:49 +0100

On 23 Aug 2005 05:23:50 -0700, ohahaahr_at_hotmail.com wrote:

>Hi !
>
>I am trying to use an oracle view in ms query, but it MS query keeps
>telling me that it cant use the table in ms query.
>
>Will MS Query work with oracle views ???
>
>Regards,
>Ole

Which version of oracle database?

How are you connecting to the database - what driver?

           (Microsoft ODBC for Oracle ?) Is your view working in sql*plus (or some other direct connection to the database) for the user you are connecting as?

In my experience selecting from oracle views with MS query works. IMHO I would much rather use anything but MS query .. but if needs must...

Regards,

Lisa Received on Tue Aug 23 2005 - 08:22:49 CDT