Re: News server for the comp.databases.oracle hierarchy?

From: <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 22 Aug 2005 17:32:56 -0700

Doesn't your broadband provider include it? Try news.<your isp> For example, my home news server is news.west.cox.net. I had to set up a couple of things in .jnewsrc or .slrnrc or something like that to use slrn under linux (it's been so long I don't remember). But it was just a matter of configuring some simple text files based on the man page.

What is a sophisticated newsreader under XP?

I still would prefer slrn or similar, to me it passed the pancake test, viz., can you eat pancakes while reading news. With those newsreaders, I could just hit the space bar with my elbow, consume mass quantities of pancakes and news.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/08/22/moog.obit.ap/index.html