Re: ODBC/OLE DB MS Access Question 10G Database Upgrade Issues?

From: jrpm <mpir_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: 22 Aug 2005 12:20:20 -0700

If your clients are at least 8.1.7 you should have no problem. We have servers and clients running from 8.0.4 to 10g. The only issue we now have is that the 10g folks can't talk to the 8.0 folks.

Not quite true. Our parent Company still has some O7, and that is causing us problems with the 9i2 and 10g, but that is only a couple of dozen out of 5K users.

In fact, I had MS tell me at one point that their ODBC/OLEDB is now based on 8.1.7. Since Oracle has joined the .NET world, I expect the coordination is a lot closer than it was then. Received on Mon Aug 22 2005 - 14:20:20 CDT