Re: One sequence per table?

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Aug 2005 01:49:09 -0700

If the tables are closely related (say there is one table with incidents, and one table with changes, the incident/change number being communicated to customer) having separate sequences is a major pain. Also you need to take in account is your single sequence is ever going to 'wrap', and hit itself in the tail.
That said, I would in the majority of cases set up separate sequences. Twelve sequences looks like nothing for me.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA