Re: SELECTing multiple rows to a single output line

From: William Robertson <william.robertson_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: 16 Aug 2005 16:10:38 -0700

> Thanks for the additional help, Barbara. Unfortunately, in the past
> we often discovered a dropped stored procedure when the DBA was not
> around for immediate help and he was the only one authorized to do that.
> With dynamic SQL we have to worry less about such things.

Well that is depressing. As a PL/SQL developer I might as well give up and go home, because any application I develop might just get randomly uninstalled before the end user can use, it and the DBA may not be around to restore it.

It's lucky the Java application is immune to random code deletion or you couldn't use that either, and then where would we be.

Out of interest, why is that? Received on Tue Aug 16 2005 - 18:10:38 CDT