Re: Q:Converting Forms to J2EE

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 15:25:10 -0400

"Frank van Bortel" <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:ddg3h0$el8$1_at_news2.zwoll1.ov.home.nl...
> Mark C. Stock wrote:
>

>> That was exactly my point -- it is not simple to move from Forms to HTML
>> DB -- it's a total rewrite.
>
> Does it now show that English is not my native tongue?
> Haven't thought in that direction at all, and yes - it's a
> complete rewrite, not a migration.
>

>> Most of the stuff I've coded into Forms apps over the past 2 centuries
>> can
>> also be coded into HTML apps, so it's not a given that an HTML app has to
>> be
>> less functional, but it's a major shift in development techniques.
>>
>> ++ mcs
>>

> Yup - but as HTML DB will give you a development boost, it
> (the rewrite process) could be as fast as migration of
> forms to - what, J2EE? Newer Forms?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Frank van Bortel

We'll see -- after a very nice presentation at our user group last night by one of the HTML DB team of developers, it looks like I'll be putting together a fairly sophisticated PM system with it. I'll see how much can be done before resorting to javascript and custom mod_plsql routines.

++ mcs Received on Thu Aug 11 2005 - 14:25:10 CDT