Re: Execute Immediate and bind variables

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 14:49:05 GMT

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 06:22:42 -0700, brightspot interested us by writing:

> We were hoping to keep
> the SQL Server and Oracle implementations as close to each other as
> possible because we have to maintain both.

Think of it this way ...

You have a Wankel rotary engine, an inline engine and a diesel engine. All accomplish the same job of propelling the vehicle, but they do it differently. Are you going to use the same tools and maintenance techniques for all three engines?

Bottom line - learn your tool and you will do the best job for your client. Individual SQL statements will be the same, or at least very similar, but the way they are strung together in an application may be very different. The books I indicated describe what is needed.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com