Oracle 9i Database Clone fails becaus 2nd Listener fails to start

From: <tomtailor_at_freesurf.fr>
Date: 11 Aug 2005 06:11:40 -0700

Hi!

I'm new to Oracle and I just set up an Oracle 9i Database on a WinXP Prof. System. The first one Database is now running pretty fine but now the Problem is, I need a second one. So I created a new Database and a new Listener. 1st Problem is, the Listener fails to start (ORA-12541: TNS:no listener) - why?? And you can imagine, if I furter try to clone my running Database it fails.

Another thing is, that's impossible to start the ManagementServer Service - Error 1075 Another Service is required. Is the Management Server necessary for the 2nd Listener?

Thx!!

Christian Meier Received on Thu Aug 11 2005 - 08:11:40 CDT