how: 3 blocks (1:many:many) using only 1 database source

From: gnober <UseLinkToEmail_at_dbForumz.com>
Date: 10 Aug 2005 15:39:43 -0400

Hi everyone! I’m working on this Forms program with the following properties:
 + it has 3 blocks, all using the same database table with this relationship: 1 block - 2 block : 1 is to many

    2 block to 3 block : many is to many.

What is the best way to go about this situation? My program currently has the 3rd block as the base table, the other blocks as data source type: FROM clause query. The problem is i can’t do updates on the 1 or 2 block wheneven there are more than 1 data in the 3 block, as i would get the error : FRM-40654 (record has been updated by another user)..

Now, if i were to use 3 different tables for each block then it would be no problem as i would just relate them in forms.. How do i do this if i were to use only a single table for each blocks as i don’t think i could just relate them normally?

Thank you & more power!

--
Posted using the http://www.dbforumz.com interface, at author's request
Topic URL: http://www.dbforumz.com/Oracle-blocks-database-source-ftopict246941.html