Re: count PL/SQL function calls

From: Krycek <krycek6_at_wp.pl>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:35:34 +0200

Dnia Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:01:08 +0200, JBB <merci_at_pasdespam.fr> napisał:

> I've a big SQL request (whith nested select) which use a PLS/SQL
> function for filter.
>
> SELECT
> FROM
> ( SELECT ...
> WHERE FIELD = myFunction(param1..)
> )
> WHERE ...
>
> I want to count how many times myFunction is called.
> How to do this ?
> myFunction can't write in a table nether use a SEQUENCE or have an IN
> OUT parameter. If it does SQL doesn't work.
>
> Is there a tool ( a profiler) in TOAD to do that?
>
> Thanks

I can be wrong but my first idea is:
Try to use global variable of some package and reset it before call this statement and incremet by one in Your function. Then - after select ends you will have information you want in taht variable by
select package_name.variable_name from dual

krycek

--
Moim programem pocztowym jest Opera: http://www.opera.com/m2/