Re: SQLPLUS: creating a text file with column header and tabel rows?

From: Paul <paul_at_see.my.sig.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 11:38:54 +0100

Jim Smith <jim_at_jimsmith.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> You could try the scripts from Tom Kyte that I already suggested. I hear
> he is quite good.

Second the Tom Kyte idea. Search for "csv" - he has a script which outputs a table in .csv format, it should be a piece of cake to change that to pipe.

Paul...

--

plinehan __at__ yahoo __dot__ __com__

XP Pro, SP 2,

Oracle, 9.2.0.1.0 (Enterprise Ed.)
Interbase 6.0.1.0;

When asking database related questions, please give other posters
some clues, like operating system, version of db being used and DDL.
The exact text and/or number of error messages is useful (!= "it didn't work!").
Thanks.

Furthermore, as a courtesy to those who spend
time analysing and attempting to help, please
do not top post.