Re: Q:Converting Forms to J2EE

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 14:52:06 -0400

"Frank van Bortel" <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:ddarr1$nu1$3_at_news5.zwoll1.ov.home.nl...
> Oliver Gehlert wrote:
>
>> Forms user a very "soiled" user, so moving them from forms to html db
>> will
>> be difficult. And i doubt that migrating full featured forms to html db
>> will be simple.
>>

> Soiled?
>
> But moving from forms to htmldb is simple. Unless the users
> fail to accept the changes due to HTML handling the front end.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Frank van Bortel

Simple?

If the forms application has any validation logic at all, or any triggers at all, or any transaction logic, it would all have to be rewritten -- major work, based on the forms apps I've seen over the last 20 years.

HTML DB is a great tool, but it's a different paradigm than Forms -- even if you're using really, really, simple Forms.

++ mcs Received on Tue Aug 09 2005 - 13:52:06 CDT