Re: unable to mount database

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 17:57:34 +0200

On 9 Aug 2005 08:44:03 -0700, "hazly" <s_hazly_at_oritech.com.my> wrote:

>I'm new to oracle. I want to enable archive log so I issue shutdown
>immediate. Then issue startup mount exclusive but got this error
>"ORA-01991:invalid password file ...\PWDSID.ora" Please advice what is
>the problem?

You need to read the error message carefully. The problem is your password file either doesn't exist or is invalid. You need to recreate the password file with the orapwd utility.

the syntax is

The filename is platform and version specific. As you don't specify a platform nor a version, you'll need to look up the platform specific documentation for the conventions.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA