Re: sqlQuery as string

From: Greg <gregclau_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Aug 2005 10:38:01 -0700

Can you actually use dbms_sql to do something like

SELECT DBMS_SQL.SOME_FUNCTION('sql query string') FROM DUAL

?

As far as I know one can only use certain functions in SELECT queries. Is there a way to use procedures?

I don't care about scalar subqueries.

I am researching a potential vulnerability via functions that take string sql queries as argument (standard oracle functions if any or any functions from packages that could be used in an SQL query). owa_util might be something interesting to look into.

Thank you,
Greg