Question about Oracle 10gAS and JSPs

From: ohaya <ohaya_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 20:48:59 -0400

[I couldn't find a newsgroup that fit exactly, so I hope it's ok to post this here...]

Hi,

I'm not very familiar with Oracle 10gAS, but someone else got an initial configuration and running on a Solaris 9 system, and I'm having to get some JSPs working with it, so my terminology may not be correct...

We now have an "infrastructure" website (at port 7777) and an "ias" website (at port 8000) configured on this machine.

Under the "infrastructure" website, we have the following applications:

These all are "under" an OC4J instance called "OC4J_SECURITY", and I am able to run JSPs under these, but I need to somehow configure things so that I have a directory directly under the "root" of the "infrastructure" website (e.g., at http://<host>:7777/myjspdirectory) where I can run some JSPs.

For example, I want to be able to put a JSP named "foo.jsp" and be able to access it at http://<host>:7777/myjspdirectory/foo.jsp.

I don't need a "full" web application, so I don't want to have to create a WAR, etc.

Is there a SIMPLE way to do this? If there is, can someone provide the specific steps (e.g., which directories, and files I need to create/modify)?

So far, I think that I need to add some "MountOc4j" lines to the mod_oc4j.conf file:

Oc4jMount /myjspdirectory OC4J_SECURITY
Oc4jMount /myjspdirectory/* OC4J_SECURITY

But, after that I'm kind of lost :(...

Is the only way to create a full WAR and then try to deploy it?

Sorry if my question is somewhat confused, but I guess I am :(...

Thanks in advance,
Jim Received on Thu Aug 04 2005 - 19:48:59 CDT