Re: ROLE PW Encryption

From: Nicolas Bronke <N.Bronke_at_web.de>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 16:42:20 +0200

> yes, that is a 9i feature (which is why it's a good idea to post your
> RDBMS version with your question)
>
> yes, the user can execute the role-enabling procedure from any tool, but
> the procedure can check anything it wants to in the Oracle environment, so
> if the user is not running the application, the procedure can raise an
> exception rather than enable the role

Yes I forgot this. But also this does not works everytime. With my application using SQL*NET (Delphi) it could work, because I will find the program entered in v$session.
But with my JSP application not, because you will only see programm jdbc thin client. So that I had to change the action or module name by myself.

Regards and thank you for your tips.
Nicolas Received on Thu Aug 04 2005 - 09:42:20 CDT