MIN function help

From: Lizzie <elizabeth_dutton_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 4 Aug 2005 02:41:26 -0700

Can you help me with some SQL (probably really simple)?

I want to bet the first deposit date and amount for each user so wrote this query:

SELECT b.user_id, MIN(date_inserted), b.amount/100 as amount_deposited FROM rpt_player_cash_summary a, gl_user_transactions b WHERE a.user_id = b.user_id
AND b.status = 'COMPLETE'
AND b.type = 'DEPOSIT'
GROUP BY b.user_id, b.amount
ORDER BY user_id;

Here's a sample of data returned. If you look at user_id 181156, there are multiple entries. I just want the query to return the row for 21/07/2005.

USER_ID	MIN(DATE_INSERTED)	AMOUNT_DEPOSITED
181068	20/07/2005 21:10:12	10
181131	21/07/2005 17:22:50	20
181156	21/07/2005 22:20:20	10
181156	28/07/2005 03:15:56	20
181165	21/07/2005 23:49:58	10
181238	23/07/2005 00:41:25	50
181323	24/07/2005 14:11:20	30

Please can you help? Received on Thu Aug 04 2005 - 04:41:26 CDT