Removing empty nodes from "CONNECT BY" query results.

From: <ayyasaran_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Aug 2005 11:01:09 -0700

The hierarchical structure of menus, used in an application, is stored in a database table. I use "connect by" clause to get the hierarchy of a particular menu by specifying "start with". The table has two kinds of records, nodes and leafs. a node can contain one or more nodes and leaves. I am able to do what I wanted easily using this method.

However, I have a problem now. I need to filter out all empty nodes (nodes with no leaves) from the menu. When I say all empty nodes, it means hierarchically, i.e., all nodes with empty sub-nodes also to be removed.

How can I achieve this? Received on Wed Aug 03 2005 - 13:01:09 CDT