Re: Triggers seem to be compiled only randomly

From: Andreas Mosmann <keineemails_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 13:54:35 +0200

Sybrand Bakker schrieb am 02.08.2005 in <3sqve155qsrnlob8nf5snrd6dnj8gkeb55_at_4ax.com>:

> On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 17:44:34 +0200, Andreas Mosmann
> <keineemails_at_gmx.de> wrote:

>> Is there any explaination (I can reproduce this many times, there are >> some similar scripts with same differences)

> Is there any business need for having 2 triggers on the same event?
These triggers are generated by a script and because there are more than 1 relation to the affected table there are more than 1 triggers are created.

> You should merge the two triggers into one.
Is this mandatory? What effects will be?

> Other than that you should always provide *exact* error messages, or
> promise German lager to everyone who resolves your riddles, without
> the exact error message.

Sorry, I forgot this.

Errormessage was "Table or View doesnt exist" or anything like that. Call me stupid, but after the DBA rebuilt the Database all the triggers are compiled without explicit naming SCHEMA_NAME.TABLE_NAME.

So maybe the theme if finished in this moment, but, it would be nice if you answer the question with 2 seperate triggers on the same event
> --
> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Andreas Mosmann

--
wenn email, dann AndreasMosmann <bei> web <punkt> de