how to find out what COMPRESSION in a table(oracle 8.1.7.4)

From: <dominica_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2 Aug 2005 18:30:31 -0700

Hi All,

  I have a problem with COMPRESSION.
Basically, I have upgrade from 8.1.7.4(solaris ) to 10g (solaris 64bit).

And then I have a problem when I try to select from one of my partition_table which has COMPRESSION.
I got ORA-28665 , and I know what the fix is.

I did check the dba_tab_partitions table, there is a NEW FIELD called COMPRESSION , and it has N/A on it after upgrade.

Same thing for dba_tables, the new field "compression" is also empty, I need to run this;

ALTER TABLE <iot> MOVE COMPRESS [<compress value>];

But I need to know my original "compression value" , I know I could ask the developer for the "create table script".

But there must be some where storing in the data-dictionary in my oracle 8 DB???

Anyone has any idea.

Dominica Received on Tue Aug 02 2005 - 20:30:31 CDT