ROLE PW Encryption

From: Nicolas Bronke <N.Bronke_at_web.de>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 18:49:56 +0200

I am searching for a special security problem and need a tip.

In our application the oracle-user get at runtime a special role assigned which is password protected. The normal user should not know this role password.
Until now we are using an special password inside of our application (delphi and jsp) where we are setting the none default role to the user after connecting. But we would like to make the password more flexible. That means the customer DBA should be able to change the password.

Now we first thought about a password file alternative to a special password table inside of oracle.meanwhile I am thinking the second solution is the best, but where we should now implement the algorithym for de and encrypting. Using the Oracle package functions has it charme, but then the user can also access to the decryption algorithm and therefore he could find out the password.

Now, does there another way else to implement the algorithm inside of our application?

Thank you for helpful hints.

Regards
Nicolas Received on Tue Aug 02 2005 - 11:49:56 CDT