Re: service handle not initialized error

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 06:52:56 -0700

SQ wrote:
> Have I installed 9i incorrectly? I am missing dbca command from the
> system, and also missing lsnrctl, dbstart, dbshut. And I don't have
> ora_pmon or ora_smon processes running, I cannot create a database.
>
> When I installed 9i, I put everything under folders called Disk1,
> Disk2, Disk3 and ran runInstaller from there. However the instructions
> said to create a CD. Was that a mistake?
>
> So how do I troubleshoot this?

Sounds like you may have installed the client rather than the database. But then you don't indicate what operating system, or where you are looking, or much of anything else such as what instructions you were following. I have never seen an Oracle instruction that says anything about creating a CD.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org